MISSION BLUE ICE SOUTH COAST 3 DAY TOUR
TAILOR MADE PRIVATE TOUR WITH MORE FLEXIBILTY
On this Private Tour you will see the stunning landscapes of the South Coast, the ice cave under Glacier Vatnajökull, the Jökulsárlón Iceberg Lagoon, Diamond Beach and maybe the northern lights. Along the way we explore waterfalls, volcanoes, floating icebergs, cliffs, black sand beaches, and so much more.
Price per person from 120.000 ISK if 4 people share a car
This tour is tailored for your needs, interests and group size so please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for your tailored itinerary.
MISSION BLUE ICE
- Private Tour – 3 days
- Modified 4×4 Super Jeep or luxury SUV
- Tailor made itinerary
- Hotel Accommodation included
- Activity: Ice Caving from Nov to Mar optional
- Activity: Walk on Ice from Apr to Oct optional
- Secret stops :)
- Seljarlandsfoss Waterfall
- Skógarfoss Waterfall
- Vatnajökull National Park
- Jökulsárlón glacier Lagoon
- Diamond Beach
- Reynisfjara black sand beach
- Reynisdrangar Basalt Columns
- Eyjafjallajökull Volcano glacier view
- Mýrdalsjökull Katla glacier view
- Season: All year
- Car: Modified Luxury 4×4
- Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
- Accommodation: included
- Excluded: dinner / lunch (we make stops for meals)
Discover more about OUR TEAM, OUR FLEET & OUR ACCOMMODATION
On this most popular tour we take you to see the top attractions in Iceland. We start the day by driving out of the city through the valley of MOSFELLSDALUR and crossing the highlands of MOSFELLSHEIÐI. Now we start to see the amazing views across ÞINGVELLIR unesco park which is famous for its history of accommodating our first parliament in the world 960, you will also experience the geological aspect of the earth seeing the ATLANTIC RIFT rising up showing a big LAVA WALL. Next we pass the lake of ÞINGVALLAVATN with amazing views before we drive through LAUGAVATN before coming into the GEYSIR hot springs area, this is were you will see our famous STROKKUR hot spring erupt every 10 minutes high up in the air. After Geysir we will take you to the great waterfall of GULLFOSS to enjoy the views across the 3 level cascading waterfall which will leave you breathless. We will have a lunch stop at either Gullfoss or Geysir depending on the group wishes.
Have you heard of Iceland’s beautiful waterfalls, glaciers, and black sand beach? The South Coast has all of that, and much more such as seeing lava fields, volcanoes. You’ll visit the Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls before proceeding to the black sand beach of Reynisfjara with its rich bird life during summer, and basalt rocks. The sea stacks of Reynisdrangar are a well known sight there.
The highlight of the day is the Glacier Sólheimajökull. We drive toward this glacier outlet of the ice cap Mýrdalsjökull. You will have the chance to see the glacier up close.
There’ll be many secret stops along the way, as usual with us, but we can’t tell you anything about it because, as it’s often said … “only Guide knows” 🙂 Have fun!
The Ice Cave or Walk On Ice & Jölulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
Today we’ll visit the ice cave if you are travelling from November to March or do a walk on Ice if you are travelling from April to October with a certified glacier guide who will take care of our security. We’ll get ice crampons and helmets – your beanie should not be too bulky since it needs to fit under the helmet. We’ll spend some 45 minutes inside the cave although the whole process will take some 3 hours in total. We’ll also visit the Skaftafell nature reserve, belonging to a National Park. And of course, the iceberg lagoon of Jökulsárlón and Diamond Beach. They have the same blue ice color as the cave. This day will end back in Reykjavik with a long drive back.
* Outdoor activities such as ice caving and caving are undertaken as the responsibility of the travelers. Discover Iceland does not take any responsibility for accidents that can be traced to participants’ own actions. Please remember that good hiking boots are critical for these activities. Sneakers or other type of street shoes are not suitable. Bring waterproof warm clothing (not jeans).