- 4x4 tour
- Black Sand Beaches
- Glacier Exploration
- Glacier Lagoon
- Glaciers / Geysers / Waterfalls
- Ice Caves
- Minibus tours
- Multiday Tour
- Northern Lights
- Private Tours
- Super Jeep
MISSION BLUE ICE
TAILOR MADE PRIVATE TOUR WTIH MORE FLEXIBILTY
On this Private Tour you will see the stunning landscapes of the South Coast, the ice cave under Glacier Vatnajökull, the Jökulsárlón Iceberg Lagoon, Diamond Beach and maybe the northern lights. Along the way we explore waterfalls, volcanoes, floating icebergs, cliffs, black sand beaches, and so much more.
PRICE from 150,000 ISK pr. day for 4 people with out Hotel.
This tour is tailored for your needs, interests and group size so please contact us on email@example.com for your tailored itinerary.
MISSION BLUE ICE
- Private Tour – 2 days
- Modified 4×4 Super Jeep or luxury SUV
- Group sizes from 2 to 20 people
- Tailor made itinerary
- Hotel Accommodation recommendations for low or high budget
- Activity: Ice Caving from Nov to Mar
- Activity: Walk on Ice from Apr to Oct
- Secret stops :)
- Seljarlandsfoss Waterfall
- Skógarfoss Waterfall
- Skaftafell – Vatnajökull National Park
- Jökulsárlón glacier Lagoon
- Diamond Beach
- Ice Cave visit with certified guide
- Reynisfjara black sand beach
- Reynisdrangar Basalt Columns
- Eyjafjallajökull Volcano glacier view
- Mýrdalsjökull Katla glacier view
- Season: All year
- Duration: 2 days / 1 night
- Accommodation: lower budget or higher budget recommendations
- Excluded: dinner / lunch (we make stops for meals)
We will stop for refreshments on the way and for lunch
Discover more about OUR TEAM, OUR FLEET & OUR ACCOMMODATION
DAY 1: South Coast
Have you heard of Iceland’s beautiful waterfalls, glaciers, and black sand beach? The South Coast has all of that, and much more such as seeing lava fields, volcanoes. You’ll visit the Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls before proceeding to the black sand beach of Reynisfjara with its rich bird life during summer, and basalt rocks. The sea stacks of Reynisdrangar are a well known sight there.
The highlight of the day is the Glacier Sólheimajökull. We drive toward this glacier outlet of the ice cap Mýrdalsjökull. You will have the chance to see the glacier up close.
There’ll be many secret stops along the way, as usual with us, but we can’t tell you anything about it because, as it’s often said … “only Guide knows” Have fun!
day 2: The Ice Cave or Walk On Ice & Jölulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
Today we’ll visit the ice cave if you are travelling from November to March or do a walk on Ice if you are travelling from April to October with a certified glacier guide who will take care of our security. We’ll get ice crampons and helmets – your beanie should not be too bulky since it needs to fit under the helmet. We’ll spend some 45 minutes inside the cave although the whole process will take some 3 hours in total. We’ll also visit the Skaftafell nature reserve, belonging to a National Park. And of course, the iceberg lagoon of Jökulsárlón and Diamond Beach. They have the same blue ice color as the cave. This day will end back in Reykjavik with a long drive back.
* Outdoor activities such as ice caving and caving are undertaken as the responsibility of the travelers. Discover Iceland does not take any responsibility for accidents that can be traced to participants’ own actions. Please remember that good hiking boots are critical for these activities. Sneakers or other type of street shoes are not suitable. Bring waterproof warm clothing (not jeans).