Northern Lights 4×4 | Private Super Jeep Tour
What are the advantages of going a private tour by modified 4×4 truck on a northern lights hunting adventure?
Well, there’s the travel comfort and sitting space available in the vehicle. The tour is personalised since we only tour out in a private group. It’s a very flexible travel experience that one can say that we “play by the ear”. We can lend you a tripod at no extra cost. And there’s of course the 4×4 thrill!
We may go on mountain tracks in the vicinity of Reykjavik, or lava fields. Weather conditions and visibility play an important role in deciding which route we take. While hunting for the lights we show you the nature of Iceland in the dark, and we enjoy watching starry skies with no light pollution nearby – that’s an experience in itself!
This private tour is for a 4×4 that can take up to 4 persons if your group is bigger we do have bigger 4×4 trucks for group sizes ranging from 5 to 16 passengers, just email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for upgrade.
- Please book the first available date you have.
- We will email you in the afternoon to let you know if we are going out or not.
- If we cancel the tour: you can email us and reschedule for tomorrow.
- We only run the tour when we have rather clear skies and the aurora forecast is promising.
- We monitor the weather and Northern Lights forecast using Icelandic Met Office, belgingur.is and the Geophysical Institute.
- The cost is only refunded when the tour cannot be operated, even once.
- There’s no guarantee of actually seeing the Northern Lights.
- Super jeep private tour out from Reykjavík
- Tripods to borrow for free
- Hunting for the Aurora Borealis
- Enjoying starry skies and silence in the dark
- Tour out in modified 4×4 with up to 6 people
- Season: mid Sep – mid Apr
- Duration: up to 4 hours
- Hotel pick up:
We pick up from Hotels or Bus Stops at 20.30.
- What to bring:
Warm winter clothes (no jeans) and good shoes.