What are the advantages of going by super jeep on a northern lights hunting adventure?
Well, there’s the travel comfort and sitting space available in the vehicle. The tour is personalized since we only take in smaller groups. It’s a very flexible travel experience that one can say that we “play by the ear”. We can lend you a tripod at no extra cost. And there’s of course the 4×4 thrill!
We may go on mountain tracks in the vicinity of Reykjavik, or lava fields. Weather conditions and visibility play an important role in deciding which route we take. While hunting for the lights we show you the nature of Iceland in the dark, and we enjoy watching starry skies with no light pollution nearby – that’s an experience in itself!
- Please book the first available date you have.
- We will email you in the afternoon to let you know if we are going out or not.
- If we cancel the tour: we reschedule you for tomorrow.
- If the tour is operated but we do not see the lights: then we offer you TWO extra attempts for free, in our minibus.
- We need to know a.s.a.p. if you will take that extra attempt or not (so that we can organize vehicles & guides).
- We only run the tour when we have rather clear skies and the aurora forecast is promising.
- We monitor the weather and Northern Lights forecast using Icelandic Met Office, belgingur.is and the Geophysical Institute.
- The cost is only refunded when the tour cannot be operated, even once.
- There’s no guarantee of actually seeing the Northern Lights.