Borgarfjordur is a scenic valley located at the western parts of Iceland. The place is usually not over-crowded by tourists. If you plan a tour in Iceland, then don’t give it a miss.
- It is considered, by many globetrotters and travel bloggers, as a genuine geothermal utopia.
- The region is considered to be the powerhouse of strong hot springs, named Krauma Baths.
- The place also has a scintillating lava cave.
- There are multiple activities you get involved into in Borgarfjordur. Availing a tour package will let you explore the place more deeply.
Making your base at Borgarnes
A well-know Travel Company in Iceland, Discover, arranges for Super Jeep Tours in Iceland that you can conveniently avail at friendly expenses.
- When you plan to tour Borgarfjordur, you can hire a super jeep and simply drive to the place.
- It is merely a one-hour drive from Reykjavik.
- Borgarnes is the main town in the area.
- There are decent lodging facilities.
- Also, you get delectable local food items in beautiful eateries of the town.
- A wise thing to do would be make your base at Borgarnes and then explore the town and its precincts implementing a sound plan.
Witnessing Northern Lights
Are you searching for the right location in Iceland Private Tours to experience the eternally memorable magic of Northern Lights? If yes, then Borgarfjordur is the perfect place to witness it.
- The skies are fairly clear, especially during the summer and late-summer months.
- The atmosphere is less unpredictable. Hence, there is a high probability to witness Northern Lights.
Reykholt is a lovely place in Borgarfjordur that bears immense historical significance.
- Great classical Icelandic literature has been created here.
- Together with Snorrastofa, Reykholt is a must-visit area.
- There is small local market where you can explore and buy crafts made by local people.
- There are facilities to take a guided tour to know the area from close quarters and imbibe its calming spirits.
Relaxing at Krauma Baths
Make it a priority to get relax at a geothermal facility in Krauma Baths. You will be fascinated to relax your nerves in a soothing natural environment.
- The advanced facilities at the place maintained by the concerned authorities will impress you.
- Bathing here is an excellent way to reduce tension and muscle pain.
- The freshwater rich in minerals are said to have effective medicinal properties.
Exploring the charm of Husafell
Husafell is an immensely wonderful place at Borgarfjordur where you can see many species of flowers and birds.
- The weather is friendly in middle months of the year.
- You can book a brief stay at the 5-star Hotel Husafell if you wish.
- Don’t forget to carry a high-definition camera to capture lovely images of Nature there.
Visiting the Settlement Center
There is a Settlement Center at Borgarnes that acts as an engaging museum, telling about historical events and settlement of Vikings in Iceland. There are also audio tours in multiple languages.
Borgarfjordur is waiting for you
Start planning today and fly to Iceland for exploring Borgarfjordur, besides other interesting spots.