It would be an ethereal experience to go for a private tour in the Golden Circle when you visit Iceland.
The Principle sights
- Þingvellir National Park – The Thingvellir National Park is a World Heritage site, declared by the UNESCO. The Golden Circle Tours Iceland mandatorily includes the park in its itinerary to make you experienced the pristine natural beauty of the Icelandic countryside.
- Gullfoss waterfall – You must also not miss the captivating Gullfoss Waterfall. Its cascading brilliance will make you awestruck, especially when it partially freezes during the winter months.
- Geysir Geothermal region – The biggest geyser in the area is Geysir. Here, you would particularly like the Strokkur area that puts up a wonderful show of throwing up water every 5 to 7 minutes.
Time to drive
A common question can crop in your mind about the hours it will take for driving in Golden Circle Tours Iceland. The drive, with practical estimates, is approximately 230 km. It would take you around 3.5 hours from Reykjavik to drive. You need at least 6 to 7 hours for a detailed tour of the area.
What type of car do you need?
It is advisable not to hire a small car for your travel because of its less capacity. Hiring a 4 X 4 super jeep might be helpful due to its robustness in snowy terrains. Make it a priority to rent from a reputable company to get reliable services.
Popular tours and exciting activities
- Snorkelling at Silfra – Start your journey with some snorkelling activities to save a good chunk of the day for other activities and exploration.
- Snowmobiling in Langjokull – You can opt for a thrilling snowmobiling tour in the Langjokull glacier regions, and then drive to the Gullfoss waterfall.
- The volcano tour – If you have a strong heart, then the tour gives you a spine-chilling experience of suspending you from a rope into a dormant volcano.
- Horse-riding tour – Riding a horse is a relaxing way to imbibe the beauty of nature on the Golden Circle.
Where to eat?
- Fridheimar Farm – It is a farm specializing in fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. You can have a bread-based buffet here.
- Olverk – It is a standard pizzeria and brewery in the region of Hveragerdi serving delicious wood-fire pizza and exquisite local beer.
- Matkrain – It is a relatively new restaurant in Hveragerdi, offering a range of open-faced sandwiches. You can also taste roasted pork belly with exotic Scandinavian condiments.
A beautiful extension of the journey
You can make the day trip at The Golden Circle more interesting by driving through an off-beat path in the reverse journey, starting from the Gullfoss area to Thingvellir National Park.
Including the Blue Lagoon
If you can manage to extract a few hours from your trip, then it is suggested to visit the enticing Blue Lagoon, adding more value to your itinerary.
Plan anytime during the year
The Golden Circle is open for the tourists all through the year. You can plan anytime to visit and have a memorable travelling experience.